In this podcast S.P. Miskowski talks about Knock Knock, plays vs. short stories vs. novels, and the Shirley Jackson Award.
About S. P. Miskowski
S.P. Miskowski is a three-time Shirley Jackson Award nominee and is the recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and a Swarthout Award. Her M.F.A. is from the University of Washington. Her stories have been published in Supernatural Tales, Black Static, Other Voices, Identity Theory, and Strange Aeons as well as in the anthologies Haunted Nights, The Madness of Dr. Caligari, October Dreams 2, Autumn Cthulhu, Cassilda’s Song, The Hyde Hotel, Darker Companions: Celebrating 50 Years of Ramsey Campbell, Tales from a Talking Board, and Looming Low.
- [04:00] Strengths and weaknesses of plays, short stories, and novels
- [26:00] Knock Knock—journey from writing to publication to finalist for Shirley Jackson Award
Coming October 5th, Deciduous Tales is a new literary journal featuring the very best in dark fiction. Join Richard Thomas, Matthew Brockmeyer, Douglas Milliken, Brian Asman, Josh Chaplinsky, and more on a journey through the shadowy realms of literature. From horror and suspense to neo-noir and transgressive, from classic creators to contemporary authors, Deciduous Tales is dedicated to highlighting the thought-provoking, the scintillating, and the strange. Find out more at deciduoustales.com or visit our Facebook page. Deciduous Tales, available October 5th. Get yours today.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey