In this podcast Andy Davidson talks about vampires in fiction, daily habits, and his best writing advice.
About Andy Davidson
Born and raised in Arkansas, Andy Davidson graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2004 with a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. His work has appeared in print and online journals. His first novel, In the Valley of the Sun is out now. He lives in Georgia with his wife.
- [02:30] Interview start/ Lessons learnt writing In The Valley of the Sun
- [07:15] Vampiric element
- [30:50] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about actors to cast in a movie adaptation of In the Valley of the Sun
- [33:20] Picturing writing as scenes from a movie
- [35:50] Listening to music whilst writing
- [40:35] Forthcoming work
- [46:00] Writing break (see part one for full details)
- [47:10] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about defictionalising fictional horror monsters
- [54:30] Daily routine
- [56:30] Working on multiple projects vs. one at a time
- [01:02:10] Best writing advice
- [01:04:00] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:07:00] Fiction and nonfiction recommendations
- [01:14:15] Connect with Andy
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend The Fisherman by John Langan and Alien Out Of The Shadows by Tim Lebbon.
Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Anarchists, assassins, and assholes make up the three types of people you’ll find in Andrew Hilbert’s new novel, Invasion of the Weirdos, out now from Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing. There’s also a robot vending machine that hugs children. Yeah, things get a little weird in this psychedelic journey set in the heart of Austin, TX. Obviously. Where else? Portland? HA! Invasion of the Weirdos by Andrew Hilbert is available right freakin’ now.
- Andy Davidson fiction
- Writing Movies for Fun and Profit
- The Portable MFA in Creative Writing
- The Changeling by Victor LaValle
- Perchance to Dream by Charles Beaumont
- Supergods by Grant Morrison
- Electric Boogaloo
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5586864/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey