In this podcast J.S. Breukelaar talks about ghosts as memories, her first novel American Monster, learning from and identifying story mistakes, and much more.
About J.S. Breukelaar
JS Breukelaar is the author of Aletheia (Crystal Lake Publishing) and American Monster (Lazy Fascist Press), and Ink (Les Editions du Zaparogue), as well as numerous short stories, essays and poems.
- [03:50] Interview start/living in different places around the world: interesting experiences and lessons learnt
- [14:50] Living in India
- [21:25] Small town/different perspectives and viewpoints
- [28:40] Ghosts as memories/moments from the past that linger/falsifying place
- [47:40] First experiences with story
- [51:10] Lessons learnt from writing American Monster
EXTREME Summer of Podcasting
From June–August we’re having an EXTREME Summer of Podcasting. How extreme? You decide. For every $10 or 2 patrons that pledge to the This Is Horror Podcast Patreon in April we’ll record an extra episode. The gates opened at 81 patrons and $515.
When you pledge to the podcast you get early bird access to all our episodes, the ability to ask the guest a question, and you keep the show alive. So pledge today and get ready for an EXTREME Summer. The This Is Horror Podcast—Podcasting just got EXTREME.
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5300971/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey