Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New novel The Third Twin by Darren Speegle out today
From Crystal Lake Publishing comes The Third Twin, the new novel by Darren Speegle (A Rhapsody for the Eternal). The story follows the outdoor travel writer, Barry Ocason, being invited on an adventure in the Bavarian Alps. He winds up on a journey around the world which is somehow linked to his daughter Kristen, who survived her twin sister’s death at an early age. The novel has received high praise from the likes of Paul Tremblay (A Head Full of Ghosts) and is available here.
Amityville Horror to receive first ever UK Blu-Ray release in limited edition steelbook
The 1979 horror classic will receive its first ever UK Blu Ray release this coming June and it will be presented as a limited edition steelbook. The release will feature a raft of bonus material, including interviews with members of the cast, audio commentaries and documentaries about the original Amityville house. The package is slated for release June 26th, and can be pre-ordered now, here.
British screenwriter Neil Cross (Luther) signs on with Fox to write supernatural thriller, Inside
With details still sketchy at this moment, Fox have confirmed that they will be working with British screenwriter Neil Cross of Luther fame on a new supernatural TV Series. The show, called Inside, will be produced by Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman of The Picture Company, who have already collaborated with Cross and Fox on the recent remake of Escape from New York. No news on cast or plot has been announced yet, but there will be more information on these pages as we have it.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey