In this podcast Tim Lebbon talks about the film adaptation of ‘Pay The Ghost’, managing self-doubt, The Silence and much more.
About Tim Lebbon
Tim Lebbon is the New York Times bestselling author of the movie novelizations of 30 Days of Night and The Cabin in the Woods. He has also written many critically acclaimed horror and dark fantasy novels. Tim has won three British Fantasy Awards, a Bram Stoker Award, a Shocker, a Tombstone and been a finalist for the International Horror Guild and World Fantasy Awards.
- [02:50] Interview start/ self-doubt
- [10:00] ‘Pay The Ghost’ adaptation
- [14:40] Other film adaptations
- [18:15] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about training and classes post-submitting stories for publication
- [25:45] Tim, via Patreon, asks about writing in other genres not yet written in
- [27:20] Prioritisation and stories
- [28:50] Darryl Foster, via Patreon asks about the vesps in The Silence
- [33:00] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [35:30] Intimidating writers
- [37:50] Fiction and non-fiction recommendations
- [43:10] Juggling first and third person narrative perspective
- [46:15] Collaborative writing and differences between solo writing
- [49:45] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
ResourcesBuy Tim Lebbon fiction
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.