In this podcast Tim Lebbon talks about the film adaptation of ‘Pay The Ghost’, managing self-doubt, The Silence and much more.
About Tim Lebbon
Tim Lebbon is the New York Times bestselling author of the movie novelizations of 30 Days of Night and The Cabin in the Woods. He has also written many critically acclaimed horror and dark fantasy novels. Tim has won three British Fantasy Awards, a Bram Stoker Award, a Shocker, a Tombstone and been a finalist for the International Horror Guild and World Fantasy Awards.
- [02:50] Interview start/ self-doubt
- [10:00] ‘Pay The Ghost’ adaptation
- [14:40] Other film adaptations
- [18:15] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about training and classes post-submitting stories for publication
- [25:45] Tim, via Patreon, asks about writing in other genres not yet written in
- [27:20] Prioritisation and stories
- [28:50] Darryl Foster, via Patreon asks about the vesps in The Silence
- [33:00] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [35:30] Intimidating writers
- [37:50] Fiction and non-fiction recommendations
- [43:10] Juggling first and third person narrative perspective
- [46:15] Collaborative writing and differences between solo writing
- [49:45] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
ResourcesBuy Tim Lebbon fiction
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey