In this podcast Iain Rob Wright talks about his self publishing journey and success, full time writing, editing, working with Infected Books and much more.
About Iain Rob Wright
Iain Rob Wright is from the English town of Redditch, where he worked for many years as a mobile telephone salesman. After publishing his debut novel, The Final Winter, in 2011 to great success, he quit his job and became a full time writer. He now has over a dozen novels, and in 2013 he co-wrote a book with bestselling author, J.A. Konrath.
- [02:20] Interview start/first experiences with story
- [07:40] Initial self-publishing success with The Final Winter
- [11:15] Pricing eBooks in the early days
- [12:45] Strategies for making over £1000 per month today
- [15:55] The Yacht, working with David Moody, Wayne Simmons and Infected Books
- [31:05] Reader reviews
- [34:35] A day and a week in the life of Iain Rob Wright
- [36:50] Writing a novel every three months
- [39:50] Editing and editorial services
- [47:40] Three recommended tools for self-publishing and author-entrepreneurs
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4299828/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey