In this podcast Ellen Datlow talks about editing misconceptions, reading and themed anthologies.
About Ellen Datlow
Ellen Datlow has been editing science fiction, fantasy, and horror short fiction for over thirty years as fiction editor of OMNI Magazine and editor ofEvent Horizon and SCIFICTION. She currently acquires short fiction for Tor.com. In addition, she has edited more than sixty science fiction, fantasy, and horror anthologies, including the annual The Best Horror of the Year, Lovecraft’s Monsters, Fearful Symmetries, Nightmare Carnival, The Cutting Room, and The Doll Collection. Forthcoming is The Monstrous.
- [03:56] Interview start/growing up
- [12:10] Editing Omni Magazine
- [16:20] Misconceptions surrounding editing
- [25:30] First big win as an editor
- [33:50] Reading time
- [38:52] Prioritising what to read
- [40:55] When to stop reading a story
- [44:00] Themed anthologies
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.