In this podcast Josh Malerman talks about Universal Studios and the film adaptation of Bird Box, his novella Ghastle and Yule and writers that intimidate him.
About Josh Malerman
Josh Malerman is the author of the novel Bird Box and the novella Ghastle and Yule. He’s also the lead singer/songwriter for the band the High Strung. He lives in Ferndale, Michigan with his fiancee Allison Laakko.
- [01:35] Interview start/readings in strange settings
- [02:50] Universal Studios and Bird Box
- [17:00] Interlude (taken from ‘007’ by Warrenpeace)
- [17:40] This Is Horror Awards: Richard Thomas, John F Taff, Stephen Graham Jones
- [22:25] Bird Box – juggling scenes and the order of the book
- [27:25] Story ideas and starting points
- [31:00] Ghastle and Yule
- [41:45] Writers that intimidate Josh
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3445739/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey