This evening we will be showcasing what promises to be an incredible evening of horror with none other than Sam Stone, David Moody, John L Probert and Jasper Bark. The event takes place at The Electric Cinema in Birmingham which is just a short walk away from Birmingham New Street train station.
Please order your tickets for This Is Horror Live, directly from the Shock and Gore website.
Birmingham author David Moody wrote the Hater and Autumn books, the latter of which he published online. The book became a sensation, eventually being downloaded by half a million readers and spawning a series of sequels and a 2009 movie starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine, while film rights to the Hater series have been snapped up by director Guillermo del Toro.
- Read our review of Hater by David Moody
- Read our interview with David Moody
- Buy Joe & Me by David Moody
John Llewellyn Probert is the author of the award-winning Amicus-style portmanteau short story collection The Faculty of Terror and its follow up The Catacombs of Fear (both available from Gray Friar Press). His latest collection is Wicked Delights from Atomic Fez.
- Read our interview with John Llewellyn Probert
- Read John Llewellyn Probert’s column, The Bloodstained Balcony
Award winning author Sam Stone’s first novel won the Silver Award for Best Horror Novel in ForeWord Magazine’s book of the year awards in 2007. In September 2008, the novel was re-edited and republished by The House of Murky Depths as Killing Kiss. The sequels, Futile Flame and Demon Dance, went on to become finalists in the same awards, and both novels were later shortlisted for The British Fantasy Society Awards.
Jasper Bark is an award-winning author, novelist and scriptwriter specialising in comics and graphic novels. His stage presence is second to none as viewers fortunate enough to attend our live events will attest to.
- Read our review of Way of the Barefoot Zombie by Jasper Bark
- Read Jasper Bark’s column, Injured Eyeballs
We hope that this has whet your appetite and we look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Don’t forget to also check out other Shock & Gore events including, just before our literary feast – a screening of Stephen Volk’s Ghostwatch followed by a Q&A session with the man himself.
See you soon!
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey