The public nominations are now open for the tenth annual This Is Horror Awards. This year we’ve retained all the categories from last year. Here are the categories:
- Novel of the Year
- Novella of the Year
- Short Story Collection of the Year
- Anthology of the Year
- Fiction Magazine of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Fiction Podcast of the Year
- Nonfiction Podcast of the Year
- Cover Art of the Year
Readers can e-mail in their nominations for each category. Taking into consideration the nominations for each category This Is Horror will then draw up a shortlist.
We invite you to include one sentence as to why each nomination is award-worthy.
The public nominations stage runs from 27 December 2020 until 15 January 2021.
- To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work must have been released between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020. This means that the first release/publication must have occurred within the above time period.
- You may only nominate two items per category. If you nominate more than two, This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.
- You may nominate in as many categories as you like.
- Do not send in a nomination for your own work.
- All nominations must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2020′.
Public nominations close at 12:01 a.m. PST on 15 January 2021.
Note To Publishers
Publishers are invited to send eligible work to This Is Horror for consideration. We will happily accept digital files, ideally in mobi format.
- ‘Fiction Magazine’ is open to both digital and physical magazines.
- ‘Fiction Podcast’ refers to podcasts that are fictionalised. Think audio dramas, short stories, ongoing stories, fictionalised docu-dramas.
- ‘Nonfiction Podcast’ refers to any podcast that is not fictionalised. This includes interviews and reviews that cover fiction.