Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor feature an article by writer and poet Stephanie M. Wytovich on bibliomancy for drafting
- Bloody Disgusting feature film The Lodge as part of their Formative Fears series
- Horror DNA’s RJ MacReady waxes lyrical on cult 80s Christmas horror film, Night of the Comet
- Horrified Magazine look back at the catalogue of the BBC’s A Ghost Story for Christmas series
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror feature writer David Watkins’ ‘Best of a Shit Year’
Writing for LitReactor, writer and poet Stephanie M. Wytovich explains how she has used bibliomancy for the drafting process of her own fiction.
Paul Le writes this entry in Bloody Disgusting’s Formative Fears series, analysing the film The Lodge, for how it contextualises childhood trauma and phobias.
A film which has already garnered something of a cult following, RJ MacReady, writing for Horror DNA, explains why Night of the Comet is such a perfect Christmas horror movie.
Horrified Magazine’s Derek Johnston digs into the back catalogue of the BBC’s A Ghost Story for Christmas series with a series of outstanding, detailed essays.
Writer David Watkins (The Devil’s Inn) acknowledges that 2020 has been a shocker in many ways, but here he picks out his favourite books in fiction and non-fiction from what has been a ‘shit year.’
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.