The Mammoth Book of Body Horror is edited by British Fantasy Award nominated editors Paul Kane and Marie O’Regan and tracks the history of body horror using stories from some fantastic authors.
Amongst those featured in the collection are early body horror writers Edgar Allan Poe and Mary Shelley. A whole host of famous names including H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Richard Matheson and James Herbert display their talents for the sub-genre. Also present in the collection are modern horror heroes Conrad Williams and David Moody, plus a contribution from arguably the best body horror writer of them all – Clive Barker.
Also included in this list of seminal tales are the stories that were the basis for such classic horror movies as The Thing, Re-Animator and The Fly. As if that wasn’t enough, the collection is introduced by Stuart Gordon, director of Re-Animator.
The Mammoth Book of Body Horror is available on 1 March 2012 and promises to be a fantastic investment for fans of this wonderful sub-genre and first time readers alike.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey