FrightFest, Movie Mogul and Horror Channel have announced the six finalists of their 666 Short Cuts to Hell film competition. The six films are Six Degrees of (Limb) Separation, 6 Seconds To Die, 6 Shooter, 6th Sense, 6 Feet Under and Six Feet Under. The winning film will be revealed at Frightfest on Sunday 25 August.
Mayhem returns to Nottingham
Mayhem Film Festival will once again be held at Broadway in Nottingham from 31 October until 3 November. US director Brian Netto will be visiting the festival for a screening of his new found footage film Delivery. There will also be a screening of Vincenzo Natali’s new film Haunter. Early bird passes are available from the Broadway website.
Aickman comes to Audible
Robert Aickman’s award winning collection The Unsettled Dust is now available as an audio book exclusively from Audible. The collection is narrated by The League of Gentlemen star Reece Shearsmith. The audio book is available now from Audible.co.uk.
Creepshow comes to Blu–Ray
Stephen King and George A. Romero’s classic collaboration will finally make its bow on Blu–Ray on 28 October. The film is considered a genre stalwart and will feature a wide range of fantastic extras.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey