The 2013 Hugo Award winners were announced earlier this week at LoneStarCon, The World Science Fiction Convention. John Scalzi took home best novel while author of the forthcoming This Is Horror title Chalk, won best novelette for ‘The Girl-Thing Who Went Out for Sushi’. The full awards list is available at The Hugo Awards website.
The Last House on the Left comes to life
A Belgian record label, One Way Static, have announced that they will release The Last House on the Left soundtrack. The soundtrack from the 1972 Wes Craven shocker is available on vinyl, digital download and a limited edition cassette on release day. To pre-order your copy head to the One Way Static website.
Popcorn Horror pops out
Popcorn Horror are a company dedicated to supporting the work of independent horror filmmakers, artists and creative people within the horror genre. They have now released an eBook called 100 Words or Less Horror Stories which contain the winning entries of a writing competition the company held. To download a copy on your Kindle (or alternative eReader), head over to Amazon.
The Curse of Chucky premieres
The Curse of Chucky, the reboot of the Child’s Play franchise, received its European premiere at FrightFest in August. Universal Pictures have released a promotional video of the event featuring a cameo from This Is Horror’s very own Michael Wilson and Adam Millard. Be sure to see if you can spot them and check out what they had to say.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey