Join Grimmfest for Tenebrae tonight!
Grimmfest are screening Dario Argento’s Tenebrae tonight (28 February) at Gorilla Bar in Manchester. Tickets are available from the Grimmfest website.
Final ballot for the Stoker Awards announced
The final ballot for the Stoker Awards 2013 has been announced. Joe Hill and Stephen King face off in the Superior Achievement in a Novel category whereas Nathan Ballingrud, Laird Barron and Joe McKinney among others, all receive nominations. Check out the full ballot at the Horror Writers Association website.
Conjuring up a sequel
Warner Bros. have penciled in a release date of 23 October 2015 for The Conjuring 2. The follow up to box office smash will feature the return of the Warren family. There have also been rumours of a spin-off film featuring the possessed doll Annabelle from the first film. Keep an eye on This Is Horror for confirmed details as they become available.
First shots of Cell emerge
The first picture from the set of Cell has been released this week. The film, featuring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson will also be based on a screenplay by Stephen King. Filming is currently underway in Atlanta, but no release date has yet to be issued.
Grimmfest open for submissions
The organisers of Grimmfest are now taking your submissions for this year’s festival. Prices for submissions are £12.50 for a short and £35 for a feature. This year’s festival will run from 2-5 October. To submit your film head over to the Grimmfest website and complete the form.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey