The trailer for the third film in the V/H/S series has been released for your viewing pleasure. After ditching the video tape premise, the film will feature protagonists on the hunt for the next viral internet phenomenon. There is no release date for the film as yet. This Is Horror will bring further updates of the film as they become available.
Horror documentary heading for Cannes
Horror documentary Why Horror? has been picked up by WTFilms and will be part of the launch of WTFilms’ documentary package at Cannes Film Festival. The film is the journey of Tal Zimmerman to discover why we as horror fans love to be scared. Zimmerman interviews such horror heroes as John Carpenter, George A. Romero and Ben Wheatley. The film has no firm release date yet but is expected to land in October.
Shirley Jackson Awards shortlist revealed
The nominees for the Shirley Jackson Awards have been revealed. The awards feature a wide range of categories that cover short and long forms of fiction. Nominees include Conrad Williams, Joyce Carol Oates and Nathan Ballingrud. The awards will be presented at Readercon 25 in Boston, MA on 13 July. The full list of nominees can be found at the awards website.
First image from The Walking Dead season 5 shuffles into view
AMC have released the first image from season 5 of it’s hit show The Walking Dead ahead of the release of the new series in October. The image is just a tiny tidbit to whet viewer’s appetites. This Is Horror will bring you any developments on The Walking Dead as soon as they become available.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey