Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New release from Crystal Lake Publishing, War: Dark Poems, a collection of dark poems by Marge Simon and Alessandro Manzetti
Released today from Crystal Lake Publishing comes War: Dark Poems, a collection of poems by celebrated poets Alessandro Manzetti and Marge Simon. Covering themes related to wars of various kinds, from the world wars of history to a third great war in preview; the collection also deals with the war between genders, ghostly warfare and the Italian civil war, among others. You can buy your copy here.
Amazon have released the first trailer for the remake of Suspiria
Amazon studios have this week put out the trailer for the remake of Dario Argento’s masterpiece, Suspiria. Directed by Luca Guadagnino and starring Tilda Swinton and Dakota Johnson, the reboot of the 1977 classic will be scored by Thom Yorke of Radiohead. Without further ado, here it is.
The much-anticipated new collection from horror and weird fiction author Michael Griffin, The Human Alchemy, is now available for pre-order at the Word Horde eshop. Featuring an introduction by S. P. Miskowski, the collection features eleven stories, where dreamlike beauty and disquieting horror intertwine. Michael (Far From Streets, Hieroglyphs of Blood and Bone) will be appearing on the This is Horror podcast to talk about the new collection and his work in general. You can pre-order your copy of The Human Alchemy here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey