Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Fans of the seminal American Psycho could do well to take a look at the debut thriller from upcoming author Michael McGovern. The book tells the story of Aaron Walsh, a psychopath who has killed and is trying not to kill again. As the cover makes plain, the story is not for those of a weak disposition and at times can be quite graphic, but the appeal of the book highlighted in early reviews is the window the novel provides into the human psyche and wider society. You can contact the author here and the book is available here.
First trailer for Don Coscarelli’s slasher Applecart available now
Though the film will not be hitting our screens until 2018, there is a lot of buzz around Applecart, the new slasher film from Don Coscarelli. Being as it is from the man that gave us the Phantasm series, as well as the entertaining Bubba Ho-Tep, this will be one to watch out for and will produce no shortage of scares, if the trailer is anything to go by.
Stranger Things season two to be weirder, darker and more horror-oriented
Fans of the hugely successful Netflix show might be pleased to hear that the second season is going to be a whole lot darker, weirder and with more horror-oriented elements. This was confirmed in an interview in People magazine, where the young members of the cast lifted the lid on what fans can expect when the show returns to our screens in October this year.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey