Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Crystal Lake Publishing release fourth in the Tales From The Lake anthology series
Crystal Lake’s Tales From The Lake unthemed anthology series has reached its fourth incarnation with the publisher’s latest release, bringing with it another stellar line up of authors including legends of genre fiction and some new voices, too. This edition features stories by Joe R. Lansdale, Kealan Patrick Burke, T. E. Grau, Max Booth III, Jennifer Loring and a host of other outstanding authors. Editing duty was taken up by Ben Eads for this edition, who also provides the introduction. You can head over to the Crystal Lake Facebook page to learn more, here or pick up your own copy here.
One of the biggest for independent film among the many genre film festivals on the UK schedule, Horror-on-Sea, returns to Southend for two weekends at the end of January 2018. The official website already has tickets for sale, with a price of just £6 per film, £20 for a day pass and £40 for a full weekend of horror. Full scheduling information of films, as well as talks and masterclasses, is also available at the official site, here.
Featuring such leading lights of horror fiction as Nadia Bulkin, S. P. Miskowski, David James Keaton and more, Tales from a Talking Board is the new supernatural-themed anthology from Word Horde. Released 24 October and edited by Ross E. Lockhart, the anthology has already garnered a host of solid reviews. You can find your own copy here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey