London FrightFest 2015
London’s celebrated FrightFest takes place this weekend, running from Thursday 27 to Monday 31 August. Guests include scream queen Barbara Crampton, who appears in four films over the weekend, and acclaimed British director Bernard Rose (Candyman). Among the films on offer are Corin Hardy’s The Hallow, Bernard Rose’s Frankenstein, and Canadian writer/director John Fallon’s debut feature The Shelter. Full listings and tickets are available here.
Slash promises 80s slasher flick
Rock god Slash has announced that he will is producing an original horror film that will hark back to the 80s style of stalk and slash that was influenced by the likes of Halloween and Friday the 13th. This Is Horror will bring you more details as we get them, but with Slash’s well documented love of horror movies, this could be something special.
American Horror Story to get two seasons next year?
With season five of American Horror Story, subtitled Hotel, about to hit our screens, showrunner Ryan Murphy has revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that there may be not one but two seasons of the popular series in 2016. There’s no news on potential themes yet, but This Is Horror will keep you posted.
Fear The Walking Dead debuts on British television
AMC’s new spin-off series Fear The Walking Dead gets its British premiere on Monday 31 August. The show will be carried exclusively on the BT network initially.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey