Bad news for “Fannibals” and horror connoisseurs everywhere, NBC has this week pulled the plug on Bryan Fuller’s Hannibal. The third series, which is currently airing to rave reviews but minimal audiences, will be the last that the network produces. However, fear not, the internet is rife with speculation that one of the many streaming platforms (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu et al) is ready to swoop in and save the day. I’m sure you will join This Is Horror in crossing your fingers for the future of one of the best horror TV shows of recent times.
Brave The Shave
British horror scribe and Black Static alumni Laura Mauro has joined in the Brave The Shave campaign to raise money for cancer sufferers across the UK. Her initial target was £200 which was quickly surpassed but donations can continue up until the shave date of 18 July. Please consider heading over to Laura’s page to donate some cash to this worthy cause.
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
The trailer for what is to be the final film in the hugely successful Paranormal Activity series has been released. The film will be out in October.
Catch The Last Bus
Crowded Quarantine Publications have announced a new novella from Paul M. Feeney. The last bus features the drudgery of the morning commute, trigger-happy soldiers and mutated monsters – something for everyone! Head over to the Crowded Quarantine website to get your copy now.
Bulldog Film Distribution is pleased to announce the release of horror comedy Cottage Country will be out on DVD and VOD on 10 August. The film features a couples who head away for a romantic weekend, before it is gatecrashed. Hilarity, romance and accidental murder ensue.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey