Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Apex Books present the first short story collection by Kristi DeMeester (Beneath). Featuring eighteen stories, Everything That’s Underneath is a collection of weird tales that have been compared to the work of Laird Barron and To Piccirilli. With positive things already said about this collection by none other than Paul Tremblay, this should be one to look out for. You can find out a little more about it and even pre-order a signed copy, directly from Apex Books, here. Alternatively, you can place your pre-order on Amazon, here.
The Copper Cascade Chronicles audiobook coming soon from the team behind Vengeful Squad
Released 4 July, The Copper Cascade Chronicles is an audiobook coming to Audible, Amazon and ITunes and will feature the original audio interview notes from The Copper Cascade chapbook, brought to life by talented voice artist RJ Bayley. Anyone with an interest in horror or superheroes would do well to take a look at the original chapbook, here and stay tuned for more updates on the audiobook as we have them.
New Korean psychological thriller with horror elements, Bluebeard to receive UK premiere 10 July
New Korean release, Bluebeard, is the story of a small town awash with unsolved murder cases. So, when a doctor overhears what he thinks is a confession from his neighbour, the butcher, about processing more than just the usual types of meat, he feels an urge to find out the truth. The film will have its first UK screening at the London Korean Film Festival on 10 July at Regent Street Cinema, with a subsequent showing on 24 July at the Picturehouse in Cambridge.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey