Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New from authors Kevin J. Kennedy and Christina Bergling comes Screechers
Released on 6 March, Screechers is a post-apocalyptic novella from Kevin J. Kennedy and Christina Bergling. Featuring a new creature, perfectly evolved for the post-apocalyptic world in which it lives, known as a ‘screecher,’ this novella takes the story of a single creature who heads out into the wasteland and that of a group of three humans who have left the smouldering remains of their community, then weaves them together. You can pick up your copy of Screechers now, here.
This collaboration by Lacey (Where Stars Won’t Shine) and Meyer (Kill Hill Carnage) is set in historic Lea Bay, an area renowned for maritime history and its annual pirate festival. This year is going to be different, though, as monsters begin to be sighted in the bay, leaving Daphne in a race against time to save the area from the Lords of the Deep. After the recent successes of both authors, this collaborative book has been awaited by many fans of the genre. Released by Severed Press on 19 March, it is currently only available on Kindle. You can get your hands on your copy, here.
Kickstarter underway for new horror roleplaying game, Lamp’s Light Sanitarium
Lamp’s Light Sanitarium is a role playing game, heading for its fifth edition. In order to perform the revamp, the people in charge have set up a kickstarter, which is already funded. However, there are still lots of interesting perks available to anyone who would like to pledge. Take a look at the artwork, storylines and fundraiser, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey