FrightFest Halloween event announced
The organisers of FrightFest have announced details of their Halloween event at the Prince Charles Cinema in London. The event will feature guest appearances from James Purefoy and Olga Kurylenko and UK and world premières of numerous films including The Vatican Tapes, The Unspoken and Momentum. For tickets, check out the cinema’s website.
Joe Hill UK Tour
Joe Hill, author of Horns and NOS4R2, will be back on British shores this month. Joe will be at the Gollancz Festival in Manchester and London on 16 & 17 October respectively. This will be followed up by a weekend at FantasyCon in Nottingham on 23 October. There are other dates as well which can be found on the Gollancz website.
The Last Outpost is alive and kicking
The Last Outpost, the follow-up to Rich Hawkin’s British Fantasy Award nominated debut, The Last Plague is now available on Kindle. Grab yourself a copy of this terrific tome from Amazon.
FantasyCon line-up released
The BFS have announced the line-up for this year’s FantasyCon in Nottingham. Featuring guest appearances from John Connolly and Joe Hill among others, the line-up has something for everyone. Check out the panels and book launches at the FantasyCon website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey