Fresh from winning The August Derleth Award for Best Horror Novel at Fantasycon 2012, Adam Nevill has released the cover (left) for his forthcoming new chiller House of Small Shadows. The book will be released in 2013, keep checking This Is Horror for further updates on the release date.
Halloween Season with Grimm Up North
Grimm Up North have announced their Halloween Season of films to be shown in the Manchester area. They include The Exorcist on 31 October, a double bill of Suspiria and Excision on 1 November and another double bill of The Shining and Room 237 on 6 November. Further details and tickets are available on the Grimm Up North website.
Robert Lloyd Parry Offer
The superb Robert Lloyd Parry is offering his CD Curious Creatures: The Shorter Horror of M.R. James for a special price of £6.99 (including P&P) between now and Halloween. Please contact Robert directly at [email protected] to take him up on this offer.
13th Hour Horror Festival
The 13th Hour Horror Festival will run in London this year with events taking place from 25 October until 4 November. Events include a Psycho v Psycho showing of both Psycho films, a zombie film marathon and a lecture on Aleister Crowley. Check out the details of the event further and buy tickets from the 13th Hour Horror Festival website.
Carrie – The first trailer emerges
The first trailer for the remake of Carrie, starring Chloe Grace Moretz has hit the net. The film is slated for a Spring 2013 release and is the third incarnation of Stephen King’s classic debut novel after the 1976 original and a 2002 TV remake.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey