Get ready to meet Meg
Reports are circulating that Eli Roth has signed on to direct Meg, the big screen adaptation of Steve Altern’s New York Times bestselling novel Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror. After many false starts it looks like this crazy, massive shark project may finally be sticking its considerable fin above water. Fingers crossed this deal will be signed soon and Meg will appear to terrorise our screens in the not too distant future.
Mayhem Festival wants your shorts
The 11th incarnation of Nottingham’s Mayhem Film Festival will take place on 15-18 October 2015 at Broadway, Nottingham. The festival organisers are now accepting short film submissions for their Scary Shorts Programme. Submissions are free until 14 August 2015, all you have to do is make contact with Melissa Gueneau via email or head over to the Mayhem website. Good luck!
The Gallows opens its curtains
Warner Bros have released the opening scene of their new film The Gallows which hits cinemas on 17 July. The story hinges on a high school play that went drastically wrong twenty years ago and its re-imagining by a current crop of high school kids. Check out the first couple of minutes.
American Gods to hit screens… finally
After months, if not years of speculation about whether Neil Gaiman’s American Gods would ever hit screens, TV network Starz has given a greenlight to production beginning on the epic series. Hannibal head honcho Bryan Fuller and The River show-runner Michael Green have been given helming duties of the new show. The series is yet to start filming but This Is Horror will keep you up to date with developments as they become public.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey