Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Hellboy Reboot Bumped To 2019
The Descent director Neil Marshall’s darker, rated-R take on Hellboy began filming this week, and was originally scheduled for a 2018 release date, but it’s been confirmed that the reboot’s release has now been pushed back to 2019, 11th January to be precise.
The cast includes David Harbour as Hellboy; Milla Jovovich as Nimue, the film’s villain; Ian McShane as Professor Broom; Daniel Dae Kim as Major Ben Daimio; Penelope Mitchell as Ganeida; and Sasha Lane as Alice Monaghan.
Deadpool’s Tim Miller Confirmed as Terminator 6 Director
Do we need another Terminator film? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it should be in good hands with Deadpool director Tim Miller on board, original Terminator Arnold Schwarzeneeger back in some capacity, and the film being overseen by franchise creator James Cameron.
Chainsaw 3 Leatherface Action Figure Revealed
NECA has revealed an awesome new action figure based on the Chainsaw 3 version of Leatherface. More details are available here.
Full Lineup Revealed for “Rob Zombie’s 13 Nights of Halloween”
The full lineup for Rob Zombie’s stint as horror host for HDNET Movies forthcoming two-week “Rob Zombie’s 13 Nights of Halloween’ event has been revealed. The two weeks of terror will run from October 19 through to Halloween night itself, and details can be found here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey