Portman to star in Annihilation?
Oscar winning actress Natalie Portman is due to star in the big screen adaptation of Jeff Vandermeer’s novel Annihilation, the first book in his Southern Reach Trilogy. The contract is yet to be signed but the wheels are clearly turning, whereas Julianne Moore and Tilda Swinton are also heavily linked with the film which follows the story of an expedition cut off from civilisation and battling a deadly infection.
Stephen Graham Jones is howling at the moon
Stephen Graham Jones – This Is Horror Award winning writer and author of The Elvis Room – has announced that he has sold his latest novel, the werewolf themed tome called Mongrels to William Morrow Publishing, a HarperCollins imprint. The book will be published in 2016.
An audio snippet from King
Simon & Schuster Audio have teamed up with CBS Radio to bring Stephen King fans a free audio version of King’s new story “Drunken Fireworks” from his forthcoming collection The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. The story will be available on 2 July on the new CBS Radio on-line platform Play.it.
Stoker Winners Announced
The winners of the Bram Stoker Awards were announced at World Horror Convention on 9 May. The winners saw Steve Rasnic Tem scoop the award for Superior Achievement in a Novel for Blood Kin and Joe R. Lansdale take home the prize for Superior Achievement in Long Fiction. For details of the winners and runners-up head over to the Horror Writers Association website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey