Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New from Graham Masterton, Ghost Virus, available in paperback 7 February
Coming 7 February from Head of Zeus is the paperback edition of Ghost Virus, by Graham Masterton, already available in hardback and eBook editions. A virus spreads across London, causing the infected to enact terrible crimes. You can pre-order your copy now, here.
Re-release of Jonathan Janz’s The Nightmare Girl, coming 7 February from Flame Tree Press
Originally released in 2015, by the now defunct Samhain, The Nightmare Girl is the story of Joe Crawford, whose intervention when he sees a young mother abusing her child sets off a chain of events he could never have anticipated. The Nightmare Girl will be available in paperback, hardcover and eBook and you can pre-order your copy now, here.
Sarah Read’s debut novel, The Bone Weaver’s Orchard releases today, 1 February, from Journalstone. Set in the Old Cross School for boys, no-one believes that anything sinister is happening when Charley Winslow’s friends vanish overnight. Indeed, they tell him it’s just a tall tale even when he sees a ragged, grey figure stalking the halls in the dark. This novel has been eagerly awaited and has received tremendous early reviews. Sarah Read’s short stories have already graced some of the best venues for dark fiction out there, and a debut collection will be coming later in 2019. You can pick up your copy of The Bone Weaver’s Orchard right now, here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey