“Miskowski returns to Skillute with a new novel, building on the lore of her infamous town while breaking new ground with two new compelling characters facing a nightmarish horror from the past.”
Living most of her life in Skillute, Washington, fourteen year old Tasha Davis needs a best friend. At Clark Middle School, she gains a new classmate with Briar Kenny. Rebellious and stylish, Briar is everything Tasha wants to be, while Tasha’s family life is what Briar wishes for.
When some unexpected violence leads to a secret between Tasha and Briar, a mystery is awakened. There, in a forgotten corner of Skillute, is something monstrous. It haunts the town with broken families, abandoned city projects, neighbors at constant war with each other. Malignant and relentless, nothing will stop it from finding a way to the physical realm.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Readers should be quite familiar with the work of S.P. Miskowski, such as her novel I Wish I Was Like You, her collection Strange is the Night, and her previous work in her Skillute Cycle, Knock Knock, Delphine Dodd, Astoria, and In the Light, as well as her stories appearing in numerous anthologies over the past few years. Miskowski returns to Skillute with a new novel, building on the lore of her infamous town while breaking new ground with two new compelling characters facing a nightmarish horror from the past. Matthew M. Bartlett (Gateways to Abomination) says The Worst is Yet to Come is: “A tour-de-force thriller with horrors that lodge like a bullet in your heart.” Releasing 22 February 2019 from Trepidatio Publishing, The Worst is Yet to Come by S.P. Miskowski is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey