“With historical accuracy and pulse-pounding suspense, Wood cranks up the tension with a creature you won’t soon forget, and characters that spring to life on the page.”
1945: The Belzec concentration camp is liberated. There they find a group of Jewish captives, surviving. But not just surviving … they are actually better-fed and in much better shape than their Nazi captors.
1980: New York. A rabbi is murdered, and the killers are found dead, covered in a weird grey powder. Now Rachel Levy and Detective Roger Hawkins must unravel the mysterious connection to these two events that happened thirty-five years apart.
A terrible force has been awakened, and a nightmare walks among us.
Why we’re excited about this book:
The Paperbacks From Hell series has been re-releasing titles, all long out of print, in affordable paperback editions with the original cover artwork. Bari Wood’s The Tribe is one of the cornerstone novels of modern horror-fiction, featuring a somewhat original monster many had not seen before, but just as menacing and powerful as those others that filled the horror sections of the time. Wood is the author of Twins (made into the film Dead Ringers directed by David Cronenberg), The Killing Gift, Lightsource, and Doll’s Eyes (adapted into the film In Dreams). With historical accuracy and pulse-pounding suspense, Wood cranks up the tension with a creature you won’t soon forget, and characters that spring to life on the page. Grady Hendrix provides the introduction and the original cover art from Don Brautigam is intact. The Tribe by Bari Wood releases 2 July 2019 and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey