“Davidson turns his attention to horror with a coming-of-age novel, at once touching and captivating, examining the power of storytelling and how our memories change over time.”
Niagara Falls, 1980’s. Twelve year old Jake Baker meets a pair of siblings new to town, and introduces them to his eccentric uncle Calvin, collector of conspiracy theories and arcane occult artifacts. Calvin initiates the gang into the “Saturday Night Ghost Club.
What starts off as a fun-filled summer project turns ominous and mysterious as the gang discovers more about Niagara Falls than anyone could have ever imagined.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Horror lovers should be familiar with Nick Cutter, author of The Troop, Little Heaven, and The Deep. Nick’s other side, writer Craig Davidson, certainly needs no introduction in more literary circles. Davidson’s previous works such as Sarah Court, Rust and Bone, and Cataract City have cemented him as one of the best writers in any genre working today. Now Davidson turns his attention to horror with a coming-of-age novel, at once touching and captivating, examining the power of storytelling and how our memories change over time. Publishers Weekly calls The Saturday Night Ghost Club “A well-crafted, whimsical coming-of-age tale … Davidson creates a quirky landscape and colorful characters, resulting in a novel that will entertain readers while providing a nice dose of nostalgia.” Forthcoming from Penguin books, The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson is available for pre-order and releases 9 July 2019.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey