“With a unique style and unsettling voice, Gwendolyn Kiste is one of the rising stars in the horror and weird fiction arena, making The Rust Maidens one the most anticipated releases of 2018.”
Something strange has happened to the girls on Denton Street.
Cleveland, Ohio, summer 1980. Phoebe and her best friend just graduated high school, their futures uncertain. Home is a city populated by abandoned factories, while the hazardous and flammable Cuyahoga River could ignite with a single spark. On their own side of the city, the girls Phoebe have grown up with are … changing. Withering away; fingernails turn to broken glass, bones exposed, corroded beneath their flesh.
The rumors begin to spread, and soon the city is full of nosy people, medical professionals, and government types, all up and down Denton Street, all wanting to catch a glimpse of the “Rust Maidens”. But no one knows why this is happening. Well, maybe the “Rust Maidens” know. They certainly know more than they are telling, and Phoebe becomes aware that her transformed friends are planning something that will tear them all apart.
Why we’re excited about this book:
With a unique style and unsettling voice, Gwendolyn Kiste is one of the rising stars in the horror and weird fiction arena, making The Rust Maidens one the most anticipated releases of 2018. Author of Pretty Marys All in a Row and Her Smile Will Untether the Universe, Kiste’s work has been featured in Shimmer, Nightmare, Interzone, and the recently released Suspended in Dusk II anthology. Releasing from JournalStone 16 November 2018, The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey