“Animals Attack horror was huge in the 70’s, and Fisher’s The Pack hit that nerve in spectacularly gruesome fashion.”
Man’s best friend. During the Summer on the island, they played with your children, ran on the beaches, fetched the sticks you tossed to them.
But now Summer is over, the tourists have gone, and Winter has come. Wild dogs, starving and seething with violent rage, band together, driven by a vicious leader.
Betrayed, hungry, and cunning, the dogs of Summer will have their day.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Author of over 20 best-selling books, David Fisher dipped his toes into horror and produced one of the scariest wild dog novels ever, which was adapted into the film The Long Dark Night. Animals Attack horror was huge in the 70’s, and Fisher’s The Pack hit that nerve in spectacularly gruesome fashion. The New York times called it a “A flesh-crawling thriller!” Long out of the print, this new edition of The Pack by David Fisher features original cover art by Lydia Rosier and an introduction by Will Errickson.
Releasing 14 April 2020 from Paperbacks From Hell, The Pack by David Fisher is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey