“With The Balance Harrison conjures up a dark tale set in Cold War Poland, spiked with Slavic folklore and terrible sacrifice.”
A split second glance causes an accident that injures Natalia’s brother. With her relationship with her mother already in tatters, and her brother getting worse by the minute, she finds a glimmer of hope in the forest.
Whispers in secret for a way out.
But when you call on dark forces in time of need, there’s always a reckoning, a need to restore the balance.
A sacrifice must be made.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Kev Harrison has been part of the This Is Horror family for several years, heading up the popular 5 Must Read Horror Articles every week as well as the weekly horror news column. Kev’s short fiction has been published in such publications as 9 Tales Told in the Dark #22, Jitter Press, Lost Films, We Shall be Monsters, Mummy Knows Best, Two Eyes Open, and Below the Stairs, and is the author of Cinders of a Blind Man Who Could See and Warding. With The Balance Harrison conjures up a dark tale set in Cold War Poland, spiked with Slavic folklore and terrible sacrifice.
Why Kev’s excited about this book:
“I’m really excited about this book, first of all because it’s my first long form release, hopefully building on my two novelettes, Cinders of a Blind Man Who Could See and Warding. I’m also doubly excited because I believe that there is space in the world for more of the folklore of Slavic nations such as Poland, where my book is set, especially in the horror and dark fantasy genres.”
Forthcoming from LVP Publications, The Balance by Kev Harrison arrives 28 April 2020 and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey