“The opportunity to lose ourselves in anything written by the man responsible for classics like Hell House and I Am Legend is always a treat.”
In the aptly titled Offbeat, Richard Matheson, a modern master of strange fiction, offers thirteen excursions into the unsettling and bizarre. In these stories you will encounter a major league pitcher with a horrific secret for his astonishing success; an ordinary man who wakes to find himself in a silent, empty world; a death row prisoner with an extraordinary explanation for his innocence; and a novelist whose fictional creations transcend the printed page.
Why We’re Excited About This Book:
The name Richard Matheson needs no introduction to fans of horror fiction, so it’s with some excitement that this collection of short fiction that has only previously seen light as a limited edition hardcover some years ago is finally being released to the public at large.
The opportunity to lose ourselves in anything written by the man responsible for classics like Hell House and I Am Legend is always a treat, so these thirteen long out of print stories are not to be missed.
Offbeat is out on 28 February 2017 and is available from Amazon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey