“In this new edition of her debut collection, Owen adds new tales, story notes, even artwork, in a collection that is a must-read for fans of horror.”
Death goes on a holiday … a reminder why good intentions and science don’t mix … nightmares that invade the waking world … ancient evil hitchhiking to freedom … an unusual preoccupation with decay … these and more.
The worst-case scenario. Bleak pessimism. The dark side of reality. Horror is all of these, and more. Here we find all the classic horror tropes, but the characters themselves are the ones experiencing all the horrors.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Readers should be very familiar with the work of Kelli Owen. Kelli is the author of Floaters, Teeth, Live Specimens, as well as the novellas Wilted Lilies and Deceiver, and stories published in anthologies such as the forthcoming Arterial Bloom, Welcome to the Show, Lost Highways, Midnight in the Graveyard, and It’s Alive. In this new edition of her debut collection, Owen adds new tales, story notes, even artwork, in a collection that is a must-read for fans of horror. Frank Errington Reviews said: “It’s rare that I’ll give a collection of short stories 5 stars. There are nearly always one or two that don’t work for one reason or another. Not the case here. Kelli Owen’s Black Bubbles is filled with gems.”
With an introduction by Thomas F. Monteleone, Black Bubbles by Kelli Owen releases 2 April 2020 from Poltergeist Press and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey