“You’ll be talking about this one long after you’ve seen it!”
Yet another found-footage movie, albeit with an original slant. Two filmmakers are shooting a documentary about Terrance G, a renowned conspiracy theorist convinced that most historical events were staged by a secret society for profit. After Terrance mysteriously disappears, it’s up to the documentarians to pick up his investigation, which leads them into the shadowy Tarsus Club itself. The Conspiracy is a gripping look at secret societies and how powerful they may be; the final third at the Tarsus Club’s headquarters is incredibly tense as the filmmakers realise they’re in over their heads. You’ll be talking about this one long after you’ve seen it due to the questions it raises.
Director: Christopher MacBride
Writers: Christopher MacBride
Starring: Alan C Peterson, Aaron Poole, James Gilbert
Running time: 85 minutes
FrightFest Screening: 26 August 2013
If you enjoyed our review and want to watch The Conspiracy, please consider clicking through to our Amazon Affiliate links. If you do you’ll help keep the This Is Horror ship afloat with some very welcome remuneration.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey