Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Crime Reads select five horror novels which explore the dark corners of our minds
- Divination Hollow Reviews present a fascinating long read on the question of content warnings in horror
- Dread Central feature an essay on one writer’s experience with ‘The Jaunt’: Stephen King’s scariest short story
- Horror Oasis discuss the welcome invasion of music in horror fiction
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror talk to author and Howls member Christopher O’Halloran
Author Lisa Unger, writing for Crime Reads, chooses five horror novels who derive their scares from the darkest corners of the human mind.
Divination Hollow Reviews present a fascinating long read on the question of content warnings in horror
Writer Tabatha Wood presents this deep dive for Divination Hollow Reviews on the merits and pitfalls of content warnings of horror fiction, incorporating the views of a number of voices within the genre.
Dread Central feature an essay on one writer’s experience with ‘The Jaunt’: Stephen King’s scariest short story
As part of Dread Central’s new ‘Elevator to Hell’ series, Josh Korngut writes about his experience with what he describes as Stephen King’s scariest short story: ‘The Jaunt’
Writer, musician and horror aficionado Jon O’Berg looks at a number of recent horror books and stories which have incorporated music and musicians at their heart, for Horror Oasis.
With Howls From Hell now on the loose, The Ginger Nuts of Horror talk to Howls member Christopher O’Halloran about his forthcoming novel Pushing Daisy and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey