Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Dread Central have news on ten new Stephen King adaptations which are on their way right now
- Crime Reads offer up a tour of Florida’s haunted hotels
- LitReactor have screenwriting advice from Max Booth III who has recently adapted his own novella for the screen
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror run a feature article on looking for bigfoot-esque creatures in Britain
- Mark Matthews talks to the Night Worms team about his new short story collection
As horror fans, we hear about potential Stephen King adaptations all the time, but many of them die in the early stages of production. Dread Central’s Josh Korngut has ten adaptations which are happening for you to get excited about.
Writer Carol J. Perry, author of Be My Ghost, has prepared this tour of Florida’s haunted hotels for Crime Reads.
LitReactor have screenwriting advice from Max Booth III who has recently adapted his own novella for the screen
Fresh from the launch of We Need to Do Something in cinemas and on Video On Demand around the world, Max Booth III unpacks his process of adapting the novella for the screen in this article for LitReactor.
The Ginger Nuts of Horror feature this article from writer Ashley Stokes (Gigantic) in which he describes his experiences tracing sightings of Bigfoot-esque cryptids in Britain while writing his new novel.
Writer Mark Matthews talks frankly about the theme of suicide in his new short story collection, Let Me Out, I’ve Had Enough, in this guest article for Night Worms.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey