Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- How Horror Games Give Us the Fright We’re Looking For
- Cannibalism and Other Nightmarish Things: Sleeping Beauty
- Looking Back at M Night Shyamalan’s The Happening
- The Essential Guide to Streaming Stephen King
- A Bloody Good Time: More Of The Most Bizarre Horror Films Ever
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
This article from The Conversation looks at why we choose to play games which are designed to terrify us.
Not all fairytales have happy endings. In fact, many of your favourite Disney cartoons couldn’t have been farther from the truth. In this article, Tor looks at Giambattista Basile’s original Sleeping Beauty, a story that would give Martyrs a run for its money.
Den of Geek puts forth a defense for M Night Ramalamadingdong’s Marky-Mark starrer, The Happening, in which people working on the movie committed suicide because of how bad it was and they simply left the footage in.
Decider looks at the best way to access your favourite Stephen King content online, and without breaking the law.
In this article, 411Mania looks at some of the most outrageous horror movies ever made.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey