Welcome, once again, to Must Read Horror. You want great horror articles? This is the place to find the best the web has to offer. This week:
- Evil Eighties: The Face That Must Die by Ramsey Campbell
- Strange Tales: An Appreciation of Rick Baker
- Seeing isn’t Always Believing: Why Horror Podcasts are Going Viral
- Gene Simmons vs. Rob Zombie: Which Rocker Is Best Suited for Horror?
- 10 of the Most Memorable Horror-Inspired Professional Wrestlers
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Tor continues its look into eighties horror paperbacks, and this time it’s the turn of The Face That Must Die by Ramsey Campbell.
In this article over at Strange Tales, Mark West offers an in depth appreciation of one of the greatest SFX make-up artists of all time, Rick Baker.
Podcasts are awesome. You can listen to them in the shower, on the way to work, during sex (not recommended), pretty much anywhere you want. One of the best ways to get your horror fix is via the many horror podcasts currently thriving. This article from Moviepilot looks at why we’re enjoying filling our ears with tales of terror.
With the announcement that Gene Simmons has partnered with WWE Studios to form Erebus Pictures, The Village Voice have decided to pit him against Rob Zombie, a man whose films divide opinion more than Marmite or Nicolas Cage’s acting prowess.
We all know that professional wrestling is marginally less dangerous than ballet (and not nearly as violent) but that doesn’t mean it can’t be entertaining. Over the years there have been plenty of horror-inspired wrestlers. This article from Dread Central looks at ten of the most memorable.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey