Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Writer Catriona Ward explains to Crime Reads why she writes monsters
- Tor Nightfire continue their series on horror and metal music with a look at The Misfits
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror feature an article on Cain, the biblical first vampire
- SPOILERS: Mike Flanagan digs deep into his new Netflix series, Midnight Mass, for Bloody Disgusting
- Writer Israel Finn takes up his post as Kendall Reviews’ night watchman for the graveyard shift
Writer Catriona Ward (The Last House on Needless Street) writes for Crime Reads on creating monstrous characters and how it protects her from becoming one.
Meghan Ball continues her series on heavy metal and horror for Tor Nightfire, this time focussing on The Misfits.
Dina Rae, author of Peacocks, Pedestals and Prayers, writes for The Ginger Nuts of Horror on Cain, the first vampire looking at the history and folklore of the character.
Mike Flanagan writes this guest post for Bloody Disgusting, digging deep into how new Netflix series Midnight Mass came about and how it is perhaps his most personal project to date,
Israel Finn, author of Dreaming At The Top Of My Lungs, takes up his position as the night watchman for Kendall Reviews’ graveyard shift and selects some of his favourite reads.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.