Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Guardian discovers which horror books and authors scare horror authors themselves
- Screen Rant look beyond big budget hollywood films, to choose the top ten horror shorts available online
- Sublime Horror feature an in-depth interview with Andrew Michael Hurley about his work and the wider identity of folk horror
- LitReactor present ten horror books in desperate need of a reprint
- The Horror Channel have a fascinating interview with Swallow director Carlo Mirabella-Davis
Six horror authors, including Ramsey Campbell and Lauren Beukes, write for the Guardian on the horror novels, scenes and writers who scare them.
Screen Rant look beyond big budget hollywood films, to choose the top ten horror shorts available online
Alexander Hadley of Screen Rant chooses ten outstanding examples of short horror films, all readily available online, for those who enjoy their scares short and to the point.
Sublime Horror feature an in-depth interview with Andrew Michael Hurley about his work and the wider identity of folk horror
Sublime Horror’s Peter Meinertzhagen talks to Andrew Michael Hurley about his novel Starve Acre, as well as about his thoughts about the identity and origins of folk horror.
Peter Derk writes for LitReactor on ten outstanding horror books which find themselves out of print and argues for them to get a re-release.
The Horror Channel’s James Whittington caught up with Carlo Mirabella-Davis at Frightfest to discuss his film, Swallow.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey