Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor pick out ten horror novels that you shouldn’t try to reinvent unless you’re awesome, brave & stupid
- Bloody Disgusting suggest nineteen new horror films, games and series coming throughout May
- Sci-fi & Scary pick out their top twenty favourite ‘Cabin in the Woods’ based books and films
- Tor Nightfire explores six horror novels where the past won’t stay dead
- The Gingernuts of Horror feature an interview with genre legend Kathe Koja
LitReactor pick out ten horror novels that you shouldn’t try to reinvent unless you’re awesome, brave & stupid
Jay Wilburn writes this article for LitReactor, picking out ten outstanding works of horror that stand apart from the genre and really ought not to be reinvented unless you have a unique take to bring to the table.
Bloody Disgusting’s William Bibbiani selects nineteen new horror releases across the realms of film, series, and video games that should keep you entertained during May in lockdown.
The Kali Krew come together to select their top twenty cabin in the woods based horror stories from literature and film, with some lesser known gems in here.
Nicole Hill writes for Tor Nightfire’s blog on six horror novels where the continues to haunt the characters long after it ought to have been laid to rest.
The Gingernuts of Horror welcome genre legend Kathe Koja to discuss her newly released collection, Velocities, from Meerkat Press and more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey