Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Dread Central explain how horror saved the diabolical year that was 2020
- Horror DNA feature reviewer Tony Jones’ top novels of the year
- Horrified Magazine report on some real life spooky goings on in Suffolk, UK
- Divination Hollow Reviews offer up five ways to boost your reading in 2021
- Decibel Magazine feature an interview with horror writer V. Castro
Chad Collins of Dread Central looks back on a year that was in many ways incredibly difficult, but picks out how horror stepped up and saved the year.
With another year behind us, Tony Jones looks back at the year in horror novels for Horror DNA, including a few that might just have slipped under your radar.
Writer Lori Graham describes the strange goings-on which occurred on a recent road trip to the churches and graveyards of Suffolk, UK, in this article for Horrified Magazine.
In this listicle, the Divination Hollow Reviews team offer up some advice for you to boost your reading in 2021, including increasing the diversity of your reads and more.
Writer V. Castro (Hairspray and Switchblades) talks about discovering metal music and how it has informed so much of her horror writing to date.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey