Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Paste Magazine have a list of ten horror novels perfect for the holiday season
- Dread Central chat to indie director Michael Ballif about his anthology short film series The Witching Season
- Director of the new Halloween movie, Danny McBride talks up his favourite horror movies
- Prolific horror director Takashi Miike talks about making more than one hundred films in twenty-five years
- The Verge weighs up the first Resident Evil releases for Nintendo’s Switch console
Steve Foxe of Paste Magazine has a list of ten horror novels that set the perfect mood for the Christmas holidays. While some on the list are classics and mainstays of any horror fan’s library, there are also a few that might be new blood for your lists.
Dread Central chat to indie director Michael Ballif about his anthology short film series The Witching Season
Mike Sprague of Dread Central catches up with indie filmmaker, Michael Ballif, to talk about his recent anthology of short films, The Witching Season.
When he was first announced as the director of the new Halloween movie, a lot of people raised their eyebrows. Here, the renowned comedy director talks to Comicbook’s Patrick Cavanaugh about his favourite horror movies.
Prolific horror director Takashi Miike talks about making more than one hundred films in twenty-five years
The prolific horror director talks to The Telegraph’s Robbie Collin about making over one hundred films in a quarter of a century.
Sam Byford at the Verge sets up camp in his bedroom with the newly released Resident Evil: Revelations 1 & 2 for Nintendo’s Switch handheld.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey