Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Crime Reads discuss the importance of horror in challenging times
- The Horror Tree celebrates the noble art of scaring people for their own good
- Writer, Editor and Teacher, Richard Thomas picks ten great free-to-read horror stories at LitReactor
- Tor Nightfire take a deep dive into the language of Agustina Bazterrica’s Tender is the Flesh
- Gatecrashers sit down for an interview with writer Eric LaRocca to talk They Were Here Before Us & more
Editor and Anthologist Paula Guran shares this essay at Crime Reads on why, when we are experiencing the most challenging times, horror can be so important.
Writer Ben Monroe explains the value of writing stories to scare people for their own good in this article for The Horror Tree.
Writer, Editor and Teacher, Richard Thomas picks ten great free-to-read horror stories at LitReactor
For Halloween weekend, writer, editor and teacher, Richard Thomas chooses ten outstanding examples of horror fiction which are free to read online for your delectation, at LitReactor.
Tor Nightfire’s Sam Reader zooms in on the language used in Agustina Bazterrica’s Tender is the Flesh to consider how it affects the reader and how it differentiates between groups of characters in the narrative.
Gatecrashers sit down for an interview with writer Eric LaRocca to talk They Were Here Before Us & more
Ashley Lynne, writing for Gatecrashers, sits down for a chat with author Eric LaRocca about their novella in pieces, They Were Here Before Us, and much more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.