Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Flame Tree Press on just why the Christmas season is so perfect for tales of terror
- Bloody Disgusting pick out one Christmas horror movie you may have missed, but which is worth your time
- Sci-fi and Scary provide an in-depth rundown of the best horror games of the last decade
- Silent Motorist Media select ten weird fiction releases from 2019 that should not be missed
- Gwendolyn Kiste’s blog features the fourth and final part of the HWA Poetry Showcase round table
Matteo Middlemiss writes for the Flame Tree Press blog on why the Christmas holiday and the season more generally, have been such ripe breeding grounds for horror stories.
Bloody Disgusting pick out one Christmas horror movie you may have missed, but which is worth your time
Bloody Disgusting’s Paul Le talks up director Gregory Jacobs’ Wind Chill as the Christmas horror movie that perhaps you haven’t seen, but really should.
Graciekat pulls together a seriously comprehensive list of the last decade’s horror gaming releases. All the usual suspects are here, only they are embellished with some gems that even the most avid of horror gamers may have missed out on.
Writing on their blog, Silent Motorist Media, the press responsible for the acclaimed recent release Mannequin: Tales of Wood Made Flesh, pick out ten unmissable releases from the world of weird fiction over the past year.
In the fourth and final part of Gwendolyn Kiste’s round table with the poets from the Horror Writers’ Association’s poetry showcase, the focus is on what the future holds. There is much of interest here, as indeed there is in the previous three parts, (links available in this post).
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.