Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Author Gigi Griffis tells Crime Reads how she became an accidental horror writer
- The Lineup offer up eight cosmic horror books which look beyond H. P. Lovecraft
- Dread Central reflect on the almost century old legacy of director James Whale
- Bloody Disgusting highlight the ten best horror movies of the year so far
- Author Thao Thai writes in praise of folklore’s liminal spaces and uncertainty at Lit Hub
Author Gigi Griffis explains to Crime Reads how, despite being utterly terrified of all things even remotely spooky, she became a YA horror author with her new book, The Wicked Unseen.
The Lineup’s Kelsey Christine McConnell suggests eight cosmic horror books for those looking to move beyond the work of Lovecraft.
Dread Central’s Ygraine Hacket-Cantabrana looks back at the 1930’s and the work of hugely influential director James Whale.
With 2023 reaching the halfway point last week, Meagan Navarro, writing for Bloody Disgusting, picks out the ten best entries in the horror movie releases to date.
While not strictly a horror post, this essay by author Thao Thai for Lit Hub interrogates the liminal spaces and uncertain endings in folklore, amd describes why they are so important.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.